Date:
Thu, 17 Sep 2009 21:43:00 EDT
Hello everyone.

All this concern about the Giving Tree makes me realize how few months
there are to save up money for the ferret you chose. If you set aside
$10 a month, you can have $30 by mid November to send for a ferret or
two on the tree. If you start now...$30 will not be a big deal come
November if you are one of the employed people out there..

Shelters around here are in trouble. The economy hasn't gotten better
that I can tell. This situation has just gone on and on and on. People
are going on 3 years of not being able to sell their home, and several
years unable to find work in their field, or work at all. Our local
paper had 6 jobs listed for full and part time combined. When we call
people to remind them of an appointment...all too often the business
is now closed and/or the home and cell phone number are disconnected.

Donations are just not coming in in my area. Things are fairly grim.
Instead, people are dumping their ferrets more than ever. Things are
ugly out there. Our shelters need our help.

Maybe more shelters this year could suggest a gift card to a pet supply
company online or off, or help pay down a vet bill? It is an idea I
throw out there because I think shelters may soon be hanging by a
thread. Perchance you could reach out to one another and see if that
is something that would replace asking for a ball or a sleepy sack.

I am sorry for one second that Kris felt betrayed and saddened by what
ever situation came about with The Giving Tree. I truly am. I am so
grateful he is going to continue to offer his help. That is awfully
darned wonderful. My feelings may have been too crushed to have bounced
back from whatever the misunderstanding was. I seriously doubt I could
be so big. And I know it is for the ferrets that you are going to try
to put aside the hurt. you. Thank YOU Kris.

We are so lucky to have Bill to look into situations. I have been sent
excerpts from other lists, and I was SHOCKED by the severe ugliness
that I read. Thank you Bill for diffusing the possibility of many
people taking sides. The ugliness might well have spilled into real
life and affected friendships and the goodness of the Giving Tree for
years to come.. I bet you spent hours to try and understand what was
what, and more hours getting hold of people to ask if they still wanted
to keep their message they had written. I am certain that we are all
most appreciative of your excellence as moderator.