Date:
Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:19:26 EDT
I thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. Arlene Lumsden is
with God now. It was a lovely funeral with the most beautiful music
from the 3 musicians my sister asked to come and play. Lunch was
overlooking a pond and the river. Mom would have loved that.

I hope that I have always personally emailed all of you back over the
years. If you do not hear from me, please believe me that your words
meant the world to me. I am having a hard time just getting out of bed.
It is 1:00 PM, and I am just forcing myself to get out of bed, wash my
face, and get dressed. I don't know if I will make the dressed part.
But the babies are all fine. All liter boxes, food and water bowls are
cared for already.

Tomorrow I go back to work as though nothing has happened. As though I
have not lost my mother, friend, a sweet heart, and baby. She was all
of those as time and circumstances and life wove their web.

Zoo and her gallant hubby were by my side through a number of these
long years of caring for mom. And they were a God sent at the funeral.
I felt guarded and protected by them as I stood there through service
staring at a casket wishing I could be with her.

I have seen a star of light on my wall. And on Sunday I saw 3 streaks
of red lightening jag down to Lake Michigan as we stood on the edge
of the Lake. It was not fireworks, and I don't know if red lightening
exists. But that is what it looked like.

There are so many miracles in this world. They are in music and in art
and in nature. They are in the love we have for family and friends,
kind deeds, the laughter of children, and our passion for these tiny
life forms called ferrets.

My love
Lisette