From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 09:49:28 -0500
>I have to disagree with you.  The scum that did this is mad( not capable of
>functioning in a free society or by the rules of said society) and should
>be put down before he can kill and torture again.

Unfortunately, any person who indeed suffered from a mental disorder was
referred to as "mad" by many in the past.  What some fail to understand is
that ANYONE is capable of such atrocities.  No one is above such inhumanity,
no one.  When we accept this, perhaps the road to preventing such a disaster
will be clearer.  Failure to recognize this in human nature (something we
all share) can only lead to repeat performances.  The next time we disregard
the warning signs of someone close to us who may be experiencing
*difficulties*, similar tragedies can occur.  Ignorance is bliss, but the
price for such is very high.  No matter how difficult to accept the truth
that we, our friends, our sons or daughters, etc., we invariably must
because the individuals committing such atrocities are indeed just that to
someone.

Having said all this, I too would like to beat the living crap out of the
individual responsible.  Oh, well, contrary to my mother's belief, I'm not
perfect.  Perhaps we can all remember this incident and honor those who
suffered so greatly by making a small donation to those caring for the
forgotten, sick, or abandoned.  At the very least, thank these caretakers
who have sacrificed for others.  Please remember your ferret shelters this
Christmas.  The best way to resolve a bad thing, is to let it inspire a good
thing.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi