From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 1998 21:14:27 -0500
You may recall I posted a couple times over the last few weeks the story of
the 4 ferrets "stolen" from a pet shop.  Actually, an employee of the store
released the ferrets to us following a report of abuse and a bite to a
customer.  When the owner returned, she claimed the employee had no right to
give us the ferrets and demanded we return them.  A week after the incident,
the employee bought the store.

Well, apparently the prosecutor's office got tired of the former owner's
lies, and told our wonderful attorney today that they were dropping the
issue.  We were given the go-ahead to find homes for these high-energy
bundles of fuzzdom.  You can read about them on our web page.

Linda Iroff
(No longer a potential felon.  Actually, given the value of the ferrets, it
would just have been a misdemeanor--would that have made me a
misdemeanorite?)
North Coast Ferret Shelter
http://www.oberlin.edu/~liroff/ncfs.html