From:
Melanie Prarat <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 2009 08:45:33 -0400
As a molecular biologist, I am so pleased and excited about the launch
of Michigan State's Ferret Health Advancement website (
http://www.ferrethealth.msu.edu/ ).
The development of laboratories and research specifically aimed at
promoting the understanding and advancement of knowledge regarding
ferret pathology, physiology, etc. is underway. Ferrets have provided
an incredible amount of information for humans in regards to human
respiratory viruses, notably "bird flu". With the development of units
like MSU's Ferret Health Advancement, we can finally invest more in
understanding ferret diseases that affect *ferrets*!

I certainly plan on investing time reading what the site has to offer.
Who knows, maybe one day I'll migrate into the field of ferret
infectious disease research...

Melanie Prarat