From:
punchbug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 13:13:42 -0000
>From:    Mia and Patrick Emery <[log in to unmask]>
>I have only one thing to say on this topic.
>NO ANIMAL SHOULD EVER BE LEFT UNATTENDED WITH ANY CHILD.

Why the blanket statement?  NO animal with ANY child?  Is this in the
interest of keeping the animal safe or the child?  If it's to keep the
animal safe--- I have three chidren ages 11, 9, and 7.  From the day my
kids were born they have been taught to be ever so gentle with animals.
They were taught at a very young age *not* to hit, pull on whiskers or
ears, not to shout in the proximity of any animals, not to run through the
house because it frightens the animals.... The end result?  I would trust
any of my children with ANY animal anytime, anywhere.  My children are
gentle, loving, compassionate, caring little people.  They don't wake
sleeping animals, they are careful not to startle them.  My children
understand that animals are to be treated with reverence and they are not
*pets*, they are part of the family.  I worry more about Milo nipping them
than my children hurting the animals!

Renee