From:
Wayne Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jan 2005 16:42:32 +0000
Hi and dooks to you all.

Some time ago I posted a report of Lectors mystery illness.  Although
Lectors has almost fully recovered (as much as he can for an old man) the
illness I described has continued to spread through the other weasels,
striking them down one by one.

They have only been ill one at a time and there has been a month or more
between each episode.  They have also only been struck by it once each -
so far.

The symptoms begin with the fert in question becoming lethargic and
sleeping excessively for a day or so.  They then stop eating and drinking
and begin passing small sticky green/black stools and within half a day
stop responding to stimulus altogether.  They simply lay there, eyes
open, breathing laboured.  With persuasion and a little patients they
can eventually be coaxed into taking fluids and eventually get them onto
liquid food.

Lector suffered particularly badly and took a not unsubstantial steroid
dose to stimulate his appetite.

Bob recovered after a couple of days with no intervention

Priss has been struck down only today and is currently going through the
not eating stage although she has just taken water from my hand.  Priss
is the only one to have been vomiting with this illness.

Brandy seems unaffected to date.  He is new to the fold and first illness
was seen in lector about one and a half months after brandy arrived.

Priss is going to the vets first thing tomorrow for the obligatory
steroid injection to try stimulate her appetite as she is not responding
as well as Bob did.  I can also get a full complement of blood and other
tests which were not possible with the others as the labs had shut down
for Christmas.

I will post test results as they come through but if anyone has any ideas
then please let me know.

Thanks

Wayne.