Date:
Tue, 12 Aug 2008 22:51:43 +0000
Personally in ten years of owning ferrets I haven't heard of anyone
having surgery for this with any real results. The pancreatic tumors
are so tiny that I would think removing them would be very difficult
and it would also be very difficult to know if all have really been
removed. Plus more will most likely grow.

I've had two ferrets with insulinoma that showed up around 3 or 4 years
old and both lived another year and a half to two years with Pred twice
a day. I would think the only the real chance of success with surgery
would be if the disease was caught VERY early before the tumors have
really started to grow and multiply. Here's a site with some more info
http://www.ferret-universe.com/health/insulinoma.asp#surgery

Laura