From:
Leonard Bottleman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 16:17:57 -0700
An indidvidual matching the description of the mythical "Mo' Bob" was
observed at the July Oregon Ferret Association meeting.  He exhibited his
well-known field marks: crummy blue baseball cap, pony-tail (although it was
lusterous rather than the scraggly adornment I expected and suspiciouly free
of gray hair), tacky shorts, and flashy pirate earring.  But a
distinguishing feature was missing; White Fang did not attend the meeting
with Bob.  He explained, in more detail than we cared to hear, about an
unfortunate incident involving fig newtons and their effect on her digestive
tract.  In exchange for a plate of food, Bob was persuaded to enlighten and
entertain us with his wisdom and wit.  He spewed forth an hour-long rambling
discourse that left us with more questions than we had started with.  Sadly,
at times he seemed bewildered and confused during his monologue.  During the
course of the evening Bob let a valuable piece of information slip out: he
is currently short of his self imposed ferret limit!  We lost no time in
plying him with the many virtues of long-time, hard-to-place shelter
residents.  Bob was outnumbered and had no defense!  He may leave Oregon
with some driving companions.

Contrary to what Bob says, it appears he is really away from home to attend
baseball games and ferret events, and get as may free meals as possible in
the process.  He mentions "field work" a lot, but I didn't see any dirt
under his fingernails and he appeared too pale to be spending his days
pretending to be Indiana Jones.  If you want to add this illusive ferret
fanatic to your life-list, you are assured of getting an eye and ear full of
him at the upcoming Ferret Fun Match in Oregon City on August 11th (see the
OFA web page at:http://www.teleport.  com/~leonard/ofa/ofa.html for
details).

Elayne