From:
Denis & Edith Dubois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 19:36:13 -0400
Well, we've joined in the leagues of those trying to litterbox train.

About 2 weeks ago we added a very cute & charming, not to mention
rambuntious little speed ball of terror into our home as a companion to
Whidbey.  I beleive that he would be classified as a chocolate point sable,
but he also has a bib on his chest and a small blaze on his head, and the
toes of his big front feet look like they have been dipped in white paint.
Considering that he's about 5 months old and was living in a pet store with
about 4 of his siblings, he's very gentle and only nips occasionally.

We were initially worried about intro's with Whidbey who is about 5 yrs old
and had adrenal surgery in March, & has been an only fert for about the last
2yrs, all went extremely well.  After close supervision at first they get
along great:) There is the odd ruff & tumble play fight but nothing too
serious.  In fact the new guy is an FLO extrodinaire in-training.

Whidbey has been busy showing & sometimes sharing all of her favorite hiding
places & giving instructions in FLO activities.  Friday night he got his
first lesson in house plant massacre.  Unfortunately, I must admit that he
is an excellent student.  A little while later I found Whidbey supervising
as her protege had successfully climbed his way to the top of the computer
table (& the chair was even pulled out).  Does anybody know if there is an
Olympic category for carpet stealing?  I think we have an medal contender on
our hands here.  At least once a day he manages to successfully steal at
least one if not both throw rugs in the bathroom and stash them underneath
the bed in the their room - and without the CKP (canine kaos patrol)
noticing!

He's so funny when he gets startled by a loud noise or something - he takes
off full-speed down the hallway.  When he gets about halfway he stops, turns
around and cautiously comes back to check it out.  Apart from that he
doesn't seem to be afraid of anything, & appears to be quite co-ordinated
for a fert - making gracefull leaps onto the coffeetable, off the bed etc.
Now if only he would learn to use the litter box:)

Needless to say, I think we've appropriately named him "Havok".

Edith & Denis
   & co.