Date:
Fri, 1 May 2009 21:52:04 -0700
I may be using "miracle" a bit loosely, so I've added in "minor" for
anyone who wants to be a bit picky regarding vocabulary definitions.
I promise that it feels like a miracle to me, and I had to write and
share it with all of you. I've been working on the cage to make it more
Codo friendly and am still redesigning and redesigning. I got in a
Marshall Ark (hanging ferret bed shaped like a boat) today with a bunch
of other ferrety things. I switched out a two-level hammock for the
ark, which soon became the center of attention for everybody, except
Codo. The ark was more than half-way up the cage -- out of Codo's
range; no latters went there. So, I picked up Codo to let him look
at the new toy, because he seemed a bit upset that everyone else was
making happy noises upstairs. I left him with the other three. I came
back a bit later, and Codo was further down the cage. I figured he must
have fallen down one of the holes where a tube will connect one level
to the next. It must have been a fluke. I came back even later, and
Codo was back up by the ark. Now, Codo is back in the bottom half of
the cage. Don't ask me how he managed to get up a tube with only one
good leg, but he did. Yes, you'd have shouted for joy too. So, it's
back to remodeling the cage tomorrow; now that Codo can handle the
elbow-shaped tubes, I can work a bit more area into his reach.
Honestly, I think it was Ayla that made all this possible. Every time
I saw him up by the ark, he was next to Ayla. I think it's a miracle
every time a seed sprouts, so it can sure be called a miracle when a
ferret as badly off as Codo can make it up a ferret tube.

Thanks to all who've sent there kind regards for Codo and best wishes
for his future. My vet called another ferret-savvy vet, and the result
was the same as what I'd been told before: an MRI "might" show what's
wrong, but they still couldn't fix it or do anything about it. Now,
I've got Codo, and he's doing better than I'd ever have dreamed!

Sincerely,
Lori in Ohio
Ferrets: Rhys, Frost, Ayla, & Codo
Cats: Reaganne & Little Miss