From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Oct 1996 18:06:54 -0400
Marti and I have privately emailed on this one, so don't worry about any
flame war.  I can understand his concern about ferrets getting to like the
vacume cleaner so much that they could get run over by the rotating
brush/agitator.

My concern was with the abject terror the ferret in question exhibited at
the sound of the vacume cleaner.  My opinion was/is that, if it were mine,
I'd probably try the behavior modification (a treat whenever the vacume
cleaner was turned on) to get him over the terror.  Then I'd be careful when
running the vacume (so what else is new?) or other appliance.

That's what's great about the FML. People can share opinions without getting
upset with one another.  Right?

Dick B.