From:
"Irene E. Wilson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 18:19:56 -0400
    Like you, I realize the problems created by those who adopt a ferret (or
**any** animal) simply because it is "in vogue" to do so.  Adopting an
animal involves the acceptance of the responsibility for that animal (excuse
me for "preaching to the choir" -- I can't help myself sometimes <G>!) That
is why I stress the need for prospective guardians to take the time to learn
about the needs of the animal prior to the adoption.  They need to know "the
good, the bad, and the ugly" -- you know what I mean ;-)

    Ferrets are **not** right for everyone, but for the right person(s),
they are **wonderful** companions!!!!  Perhaps if we FMLers persist in
spreading that message, our collective efforts will prevent a number of
potential mis-matches.  Let's strive to spare ferrets from the problems
faced by other animals!
    Irene & Kids (who were all rescued)