From:
"Lynda J. King" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Oct 1996 08:52:39 -0500
Hello fellow ferret lovers (ffl):

Everything's just dandy here in Indianapolis.  Cody is very happy and now
occasionally, in addition to most of the house, has short time run of MY
bedroom now.  I do have to watch her carefully while she's in my bedroom.
The other night while I was reading my fml, she disappeared.  I could hear
her scratching but couldn't find her.  I couldn't tell if she was caught
behind my heavy dresser or my computer desk.  One of the drawers of my desk
was slightly open, but it's full and I know she couldn't have got in there.
Luckily nobody, or even I, didn't think to close the draw.  After several
minutes of trying to find her, I figured I'd closely check out behind the
desk, yet I didn't want to move the heavy think for fear of possibly
crushing a little ferret foot, if she was behind there.  I decided to take
out the drawers first.  I started with the big, heavy,overstuffed partially
open bottom drawer.  As soon as I removed it, there were these two grateful
pink beady eyes looking at me.  I learned my lesson...don't let her back in
my room until it's Cody proofed(if there is such a thing)!  Although, I'm
sure she probably thinks it was a pretty neat adventure game, and without a
thought would try it again....oh me, oh my.

Now for a question to all you experienced ffl's.  Christmas is rapidly
approaching (ugh).  What do we do with our little fuzzbutts during the
holiday season?  I have a artificial tree(no it's not aluminum with a
multicolored turning spot light).  We have always had a problem keeping one
of our cats out of the tree and the presents, but I'm beginning to think it
will be impossible to keep Cody from exploring and possibly opening some
presents.  Any suggestions?

Until next time....:) Lynda