From:
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 23:39:46 EST
Hello all,
I just have time to post a few notes!
First, i have a ferret at the shelter that was found last week in an
apartment complex here in Las Vegas, Nv.  If you have lost your ferret or
know someone who has please call me at 702-876-8224 to identify.

Second, thank you to Lisa at FerretHaven for all her help in answering my
questions, she has the patience of a saint!  also to Phyllis T. for sending
hammocks and toys, our new baby fert loves those toys! Also to everyone who
has donated yard sale items, our yard sale was a great succcess this
weekend.  Third, i have been seeing lots of comments on shelters on the
fml, good and bad.  I think if everyone put just a little effort in helping
their local ferret shelters instead of trying to figure out what the reason
is there is a need for them, or why they are over crowded.  It doesn't
really matter why, they just are.  Maybe some shelters keep more than they
should but unless you are there and know why, you can't judge that shelter.
Everyone that runs a shelter or rescues ferrets in their own way doesn't
deserve to be picked apart.  Someone commented that some shelter operators
won't ask for help or advise, i welcome advise and help, i will ask if i
don't know something.  i admit i still have lots to learn.  But I do know I
do all i can to save their lives and love them as they deserve to be.  Hey,
nobodys perfect..right?  But at least some of us try to do the best we can!

Everyone take care and love your fuzzies!
CJ
24 Carat Ferret Rescue and Shelter
"where ferrets are treated like gold"