From:
Elisa Mohn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 16:27:07 -0400
Hey there everyone!

My hopes that everyone is doing well and for those that aren't I wish for
the best!

I wanted to take some time out to thank those of you who have blessed me
with your concerns and your knowledge about boxer/ferret relations and
integration.  All of the advice was taken with great results and lots of
luck!!!

My new rescue boxer, Nugget (AKA Ghetto b/c of the horrible treatment this
animal received) and Fuzzit and Tubby have taken to one another with ease!
I don't think that they quite know what to make of one another but they
seem to approach each other with mild curiosity.  Nugget whines when the
ferrets are playing - he wants to romp around too but it's almost like he
knows that they are too small for him to romp with!

Nugget has a very low prey instinct (so low he doesn't even chase a ball),
so it seems as though the powers that be have blessed me once again!  Not
only that but he received a clean bill of health from the vet (x3 b/c he
has gone through 3 vet exams).

I have discovered that I have to be very careful when it comes to feeding
time.  Nugget gets defensive of his food bowl.  That is the only time when
he snapped at the ferrets (I was standing right there so everything ended
up ok).  He didn't try to hurt them - but he definitely made it apparent
that he did not want them eating his food.  Poor Fuzzit was the unlucky
receiver of his mighty growl and advance!  She flipped out big time!!!  It
was actually kinda of funny!  She went right into a war dance!

Anyhow - I'm sold - I have a feeling that all of these guys will keep me
entertained and thoroughly amused.  Now, I just have to work on Nugget's
fear of toys and of men...I could just kill his previous owner!  It makes
me so upset that people can treat their pets this way!

So that makes 2 rescues for me - Tubby and Nugget!!  Both total
sweethearts -Tubby is very spoiled (along with Fuzzit) and Nugget
is on his way!

I really appreciate this list and BIG for making it all possible - I have
learned so much and have been helped out more times than I can count!!!

Elisa