From:
Pamela Hewitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 10:31:51 -0500
Hi all

I haven't posted in a loooong time but I thought I'd ask for some advise
about a potential ferret Xmas gift.  I want to get a digging box but am
unsure what to fill it with.  I hear talk about unparboiled rice that would
not harm the fuzzies, but I was also wondering about corn meal?????  The
kind you make muffins with?  I want something that they can really dig and
I'm not certain if rice will "satisfy" their digging instincts.  I'd get
real dirt but I think it's just a bit toooo messy.  Any advise would be
useful and appreciated.

Oh, and on the Xmas tree front, it's my favorite time of year with the
ferrets.   I have an amazing stand that cannot be toppled.  I also only
decorate with wooden ornaments, bells and velvet bows, so the ferrets are
more than welcome to climb.  It's alot of fun to watch and I have great
photos with DiDi stealing the bells off the tree.  The tree is only up for
about a week cause it gets kinda messed up.  The dog also helps herself to
the Candycanes on the bottom branches. Also I watch pretty closely and the
ferrets never climb up more than 3 feet.  FUn FUN FUN

PAmela with DiDi & Io