From:
"Nancy L. Silvernale" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 08:53:23 -0400
Hi Everyone!

Well, I give up .. "they" win!

I have a water bowl that attaches inside the cage that I keep my 4 babies
water in.  Everything was fine until my 3rd baby showed up ...
Alexander The Great - all 5 pounds of him!

The problem is that HE doesn't just want to drink it .. he has to play in
it; splashing it EVERYWHERE!  When I come home at night, the bowl is just
about empty which isn't fair for the other 3.

I have carpeting in the bottom of their cage that has a rubber backing (I was
trying to keep the water from soaking through--yeah, right).  But because of
HIM, it gets soaked as soon as I put fresh water in (twice a day).

So, now I'm thinking of converting to a water bottle (rabbit size?).

Question:  Has anyone *converted* to a bottle from a dish, before?  I'm
           worried (and I tend to do that alot with them!) that they won't
           adapt to it, easily, and get the necessary hydration they need
           every day.

Thanks ahead of time for any suggestions!

Nancy, Bob,
Fewwit, Bandit, Alexander The Great (a.k.a. scuba diver!), and
Miss (I'm really, REALLY trying to stay out of the potted plants, Mom!) Freckles