From:
"Dave Ellis - CSP - PSC Software g - DTN 264 1089, (603) 884 1089" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 09:26:26 EDT
| Help!  Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stop a ferret from
| digging the carpet under a door?...

I haven't found a way to stop carpet digging without removal of the carpet!
Basically, I got some wide door thresholds and put them under the doors where
the shredding was occurring so that the threshold sticks out below the door
by about one inch at least. Screw the threshold down over the top of the rug.
My doors had about 1/2 inch clearance under them and I used some metal
thresholds, about 3 inches wide. I had to cut them to allow a fit to the
door frame. They are available in most hardware stores in aluminum, gold
color, or wood.

Interesting side effect is that when a door _is_ open, the ferrets refuse to
step on the thresholds and always hestitate, then jump over it. I suspect the
shiny metal may reflect like water!