From:
Chris VonSeggern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 1994 17:11:27 -0500
Thanks to everyone who has emailed or responded in the FML concerning
Scooter's apparent illness.  He's feeling quite a bit better now, but I'm
still keeping an eye on him.

We went to the vet Saturday morning.  She couldn't find anything
definitely wrong, but was concerned about a possible blockage, so she gave
me some medicine (suspiciously reminiscent of Pepto-Bismol) to calm his
stomach down and told me to keep watching him.  He hasn't vomited since
Friday afternoon, and continues to eat and poop normally (i.e. everywhere
I don't want him to).

She did, however find some kind of yeast (???) in his ears; he's also
getting eardrops for that, which he HATES, and it is clearing up nicely.
He's been much more easygoing and sociable since then, so I suspect the
ear problem was causing him some irritation.

So far, so good.  Hopefully he'll continue to improve.  Now if we can just
do something about the pooping . ..

Chris and Scooter