From:
Barbkitty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 09:19:20 -0500
Marcy,
Loved your story about the porch painting, anti-ferret landlord!  I live in
a pet-free apartment, too.  It's very old and we're always needing repairs.
Most of the repair guys are cool with the critters, but one of them is a
real jerk, and if he sees a pet in your place, he will imediately go tell
the landlord.  When he comes to the door, I look through the peep hole,
yell 'just a second!', then run around the place like mad, shoving litter
boxes and cages(why do we still have that thing?) into closets and under
beds.  Once, I shoved my head under the sink and soaked it, then emptied my
books out of my backpack and threw Seymour and PK inside.  I opened the
door, said 'sorry, I was in the shower', and walked past him casually,
jiggling bag thrown over my shoulder.  Then we drove to Petsmart and
walking around looking at the millions of things I couldn't afford to buy
for them *sigh*.  And Seymour tried to eat a canary.  heh heh.  Can't wait
for the lease to run out!

                --Barbara T.

|              your name here                                         |