From:
Debra Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 06:47:53 -0500
Good Morning Everyone,

Well I could barely get to sleep to say the least last night after
bringing home the new babies.  I think I am banned from the pet store :-).
No just kidding it is not that bad but we have a good relationsihp with
our local pet store that is also an adoption center.  If anyone lives near
the Pottstown, Pa area "Diane's Pet and Adoption" center is the place to
visit.  They are a small place but very nice and helpful people.  We have
adopted 2 kittens and 2 cats this year(one for mom) and all have adjusted
nicely.  We also have gotten all 5 ferrets there.  This has all happened
since late Sept if you can believe that.  Sorry for getting off the
subject.  As I posted Ariel the light colored one(not sure of their
markings yet) ate a piece of newspaper litter.  They have been quickly
switched to clay litter till they get bigger.  Well anyway he had a
restful night and was pooping and peeing normally this morning.  I could
not believe how much these little ones pooped in just a few hours.  They
seem to really want to eat and eat.  I had a hammock/sleep sack that was
made that I got on Ebay, thank goodness.  I had set up the cage with
blankies and towels and a hammy but something said to put this on the
cage floor on the towel and they slept all nicely snuggled in that during
the night.  It is funny to see their personalities already.  Maggie is her
own girl, really quick and quite loveable, Raphael looks and acts totally
like our bigger guy Michael and was even dooking this AM which is funny
because he is so tiny, then there is Ariel the suckler....he squeaks if
he is suckling on the towel and his siblings bother him.  It scared me at
first as our first guys were not this little even though Gabriel was a
real suckler when we got him home.  I just hold Ariel and talk to him
softly and love him up :-).  I held him for hours last night as he slept.
He seems to be the one that will need extra adjustment attention.  It is
funny how you can tell so quickly.  I can't imagine my life without all my
fur babies but these guys are so precious.  I know they would have had a
good home with someone else too even if we would have only taken Maggie
but somehow I "knew" they needed to be in our loving home.  We are now at
our limit and yes you heard me correctly.  With 13 cats/kittens(all fixed
or to be fixed) our house is very full.  We have no children but these are
our fur babies.  Thanks to this FML I have learned more and was much more
prepared for these little ones than I was the first time around.

Have a great day
Love, Debbie