From:
Dee Vecchione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Dec 2002 08:44:37 -0500
Hi FML,

Regarding the post about Christmas trees containing lead, I actually read
on a box of Christmas lights, that by handling them I was exposing myself
to lead.  I had no idea!  Is this all lights or just certain ones?  I
wonder if the new pre-lighted Christmas trees are the ones that contain
lead?  With all the attention that lead paint and candle wicks containing
lead have gotten, I can't believe they allow Christmas lights to contain
lead.  How many children handle these lights?  How many pregnant women?
How many people even read the box to even know about it?  It left me a
little mystified.  So if you no longer have the box the lights came from,
just make sure you handle them with care and wash your hands thoroughly
after working with them.  Of course, this is just one more Christmas item
to keep the fuzzies away from, apart from the obvious electrical hazard.

Happy Holidays!

Dodie