From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:39:33 -0400
http://www.smartgroups.com/message/readmessage.cfm?
gid=1423922&messageid=10156&startid=10157

If she can't passs the blockage everything else backs up, you then get
gas food etc in the stomach and rest of the system.  The intestinal tract
slows down.  It is rare that we need to do surgery to get something out
of the colon but we sometimes do.  Something more aggressive needs to be
tried even it is to gas her down and if it is low enough in the colon try
and manually remove it by going in thru the rectum (this of course is for
your vet to do).  If it is too high then I would go in surgically so that
you can get a quicker resolution.  Good Luck and don't waste any time;
this can get worse instead of better.

Dr. Sue