From:
Mary Jo Bright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:41:51 -0700
Hi!  My name is Mary and I am new to FML.  I have been reading for about
a week now.  I have a suggestion for the person that needed a food
supplement for weight gain and to the person that needed a treat that
they would eat.  Try EnsurePlus.  It is a canned liquid supplement that
"older" people take to try and stay healthy.  It can be purchased at any
grocery store or drug store.  I usually bought it by the case at Costco.
It comes in Vanilla, strawberry,butter pecan, coffee and chocolate.  DO
NOT feed your furry the chocolate one!  I only used the vanilla.  It is
kinda sweet and it is heavy in consistancy.  The ferrets will hound you
all day for it after they get a taste.  As a supplement I gave 1 ounce a
day.  When recuperating from surgery (no appetite) I have feed up to 4
ounces a day, split into several servings.  After opening you must keep
it in the refrigerator and it only keeps for a few days so I usually ended
up drinking "some" of the can!  HA!  HA!  It is lactose free.

I never had any problems with diahhrea or anything but keep your eyes
open.  I always feed it at room temperature (when first opening the can)
then after refrigeration I would heat it up in the microwave about 10
seconds, STIR thoughly then test for proper temperature like you would
for any baby!  Heat up only the portion you are serving, not the whole
can.  Never put back in the refrigerator what they don't finish.
Sometimes when really ill I would hold the furchild in my arms and hold
the EnsurePlus bowl with the other and hand feed them.  Sometimes they
will finsh-up by doing this.  I used the little bowls like restuarants
serve butter in.  You know the little ceramic ones.  When recuperating
from surgery I used two ounce throw away containers.  They cost less than
a penny each and I thought maybe that was a more sterile way to go than
risk that my poor dishwashing skills could start some weird infection.

Hope it helps, LOL.  Mary