Date:
Wed, 20 May 2009 10:22:32 EDT
In Loving Memory of
Harriet
March 20/2000
May 19/2009
May You Rest In Peace
Until We Meet Again
Love and Miss You
Mama

Good Morning to all of you,

It is not a good morning here ;-(. We lost our beautiful, wonderful
Harriet and I am so upset. I have had her here at the shelter for 7
years. She became adrenal shortly after she came in at age 2 so they
said that is why I said she could have been 3 maybe 4 but with the
Lupron at first and then the Des Implant she did great for 5 years.
She was not adoptable because of the Adrenal disease. She was also
put in DR Wagner study for the Des Implant.

I just had her down to see DR Wagner about a month ago and he couldn't
get over how good she was doing. Then all of a sudden last week she
started to lose weight and not wanting to walk around and then a few
days ago she was starting to not want to eat we had to force feed her
then yesterday she really looked bad. We had her on the medicines that
DR Wagner gave us for her but she just didn't do so good.

We lost her around midnight and I just couldn't seem to get to sleep
last night at all. I feel like my heart has been ripped out again. I
love sheltering but hate this part of it. They really get to you these
old timers. Harriet was such a beautiful girl as those of you who have
seen her know. I don't know what we will do without her. She loved to
sit by me and eat her soup. She was a real trouper when you gave her,
her medicines. She just licked them right up as I squeezed them into
her mouth.

When she was feeling good she loved to run the tubes and she loved her
crochet eggs and stuffed toys. She would carry them from one end of
the shelter room to the other and put them in her spot that she hides
things. She was a very sweet girl always gave you kisses. Very gentle
and mellow. She would accept any ferret that was sick that we put in
with her and she would also play with any ferret that accepted her.
She just got along with everyone that would accept her. I can't tell
you enough about her and I am crying now just talking about her. I keep
making mistakes can't see what I am typing.

Our Precious Little Girl is now running across the Rainbow Bridge.
Please Bridge greeters watch out for her and make her welcome. I am
sure she will love seeing Mandy, Ruthie, Roxanne, Tina, Boaz and Little
Princes. There were so many others that have crossed the bridge that
she played with but these were her cage mates. Please, make her feel
welcome. and give her some ferret tone she loved ferret tone and she
loved our homemade soup.

Five years ago she was totally bald then she had the lupron and grew
back just a little of her fur but when she got the Des Implant she
grew all her fur back and she was so beautiful clean up to the day she
started to go down heal. She was still beautiful but you could see her
body getting thin and that worried me and I kept feeding her soup every
two hours to put the weight back on. It is hard to believe our
beautiful Harriet is gone.

Dook on little girl and fly high until we meet again. We love you and
will always miss you. You will always be in our hearts.

God Bless You All
Helen and Family

Rainbow Bridge
Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of
our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty
of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again,
just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The
animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each
miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly
stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His
eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying
over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...