From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Apr 2009 23:18:21 -0400
It was a lovely day at the bridge. SaraFerret was resting comfortably
in her chair studying "The Best Way To Talk Correctly." Oh she had
studied this book so many times before, but had never ever master the
correct way of talking. Just what the matter with her. Other fuzzies,
for the most part didn't seem to have this problem. Just then, she
heard a knock at her door, so she laid the book aside and ran to the
door and opened it. It was Mimi, the little girl courier, with a note
in her paw.

"SaraFerret, I have a message from the Boss. It seems that a ferret is
getting ready to cross. Its a very sad situation. Is there anyone you
want me to get?"

I took the note and read it carefully and told Mimi that there would
be no need to fetch any other fuzzies; that I would take the fuzzy to
the right place. Then I headed for the entrance. I was just in time
to greet a naked little fuzzy who had just crossed. So I introduced
myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering and you will run on green grass forever. You will have
lotsa friends and play games and have clean water and plenty of food."

The naked little boy looked at me and said, "I've have a terrible life,
so anything will be an improvement. My fur is all gone. I feel lousy.
My owners just dumped me an my sister in a box in some noisy place with
no food. Do you see what I mean? But some lady did pick us up and take
us home and try to make us feel better. And then she took me some place
and then some one gave me a needle and then I woke up here. Can you
help me feel better?"

I just sighed and said, "Well the lady who rescued you is well known
to us and her name is Mommy Sue. She gave you de name of Little Man. I
know dat some humans can be just downright nasty, but dere are lotsa of
them that are de best. Now lets see if something can't be done about
your fur and hurts.....

All of a sudden, POOF! Little Man's naked little body was covered with
fluffy sable fur and he no longer hurt any more. He looked down at his
body and he began to stretch his legs and started to dance at first
slow, and then he broke into a beautiful full-fledged dance of joy.
After he settled down, he noticed my wings and asked what they were. I
replied, "Oh dese are wings for flying about de heavens--sure beats
hopping from cloud to cloud. You are gonna get your very own pair."

So off we went down de garden path toward de Wing House where de wings
were stored. We opened de door and on de counter was a big box (of
course). Little Man opened de box and took out his wings--bright blue
with black streaks--so perfect for a little fuzzy who had fought de
hard fight. I helped him put on his wings and adjusted his halo. Then
he ran to de big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. He turned
to me and said, "Do you think Mommy Sue would recognize me now?" Then
I gots an idea.

We opened de door and went down another path to de Misting Pond. We sat
down beside de cool clear water and with one swish Little Man saw a
vision of Mommy Sue and his sister, Sara Lee appear. He started waving
and dooking with all of his might.

"Thank you for loving me. Thank you for rescuing me and not leaving me
in the box. I am safe now. I have beautiful fur now and I don't hurt
anymore. I have wings now and soon I will be able to fly. Take care
Sara Lee."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of his
love and laid them on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by de time you should read dis it should have landed dere.
And with another swish de vision was gone.

We went down de road to Mommy Sue's cottage where a banner was hung,
"Welcome to the Bridge Little Man." "How did they know I was coming,"
he asked. "Oh we has our ways," I replied. They welcomed him with open
paws.

Then all of a sudden a big black stallion appeared. And they were so
afraid. But not me. (Well, at least I couldn't act like I was afraid--
after all I was a bridgegreeter). So I walked up to the horse and small
as I was, I introduced myself, "Hi I am SaraFerret and who might you
be?"

He neighed in response and said that he was sent to show there was
nothing to be afraid of horses at the bridge and for us all to climb
on and he would give us a horsey ride. And so one by one we climbed on
and firmly hooked our paws in his fur and went for a short horsey ride
in de sky. Finally we came back down and clambered on down, except for
Little Man who decided to come down by de horse's head and when he
reached de horse's nose he gave him a kiss and said, "Nice horsey. I
love you." And with that the horse gently dipped his head to the ground
and Little Man was gently put down. The stallion did say one thing, "Do
not believe everything that people say or rumors that fly; for we are
all spirits in the sky."

And with that the horse flew away. We were all so very tired and so any
party that had been planned was put off for tomorrow. Little Man knew
dat he was safe and happy and had found lotsa friends and his new
forever home.

So ended another greeting at de Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter