From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 2009 21:29:29 -0400
It was a lovely day at the Bridge. SaraFerret was sitting in front
of her cottage watching the kits, Serena and Isabel play. It was so
peaceful and quiet with just a gentle breeze blowing. All of a sudden,
she heard the flutter of wings and then she saw Dexter, the little boy
courier, with a note in his paw. He was just as frantic as usual.

"SawaFewwet, I has dis note from de Boss. He has received a message
from dis fewwet's Mommy and he cwossed de bwidge awhile back but she
didn't tell you to post a note. But now she wants yous to check on him
and makes sure dat he found his family and wow, does he have a whole
lots of family. Here look. And you best huwwy up. You know how de Boss
gets upset when you messes awound. Does you want me you help you round
dem up."

I took the note and read it and looked through the names, not
recognizing any of them. But I just decided to send Dexter on back to
the courier camp and I headed to the Boss's Big Book Of Ferrets where
each incoming ferret was logged in and of course the bridge greeting.
Of course I should have guessed, the wonderful greeter, Pye, had met
the last two ferrets. And her greeting was, as usual, perfect. With
this information, I went to the last known place they had been seen.

I knocked on de door of Mommy Ann's Cottage and I heard de dooking of
fuzzy voices. Then all of a sudden one answered de door. I said, "Hi
I am SaraFerret, you know, I am one of de bridgegreeters."

The little fuzzy said, "Oh I know who you are. I am Bonnie. Come right
on in. This is Clyde. And there is Cinnamon, Frosty, Bandit, Casey,
Casper, Julian, Marble, Minka, and Peanut. We have been baking cookies
all day."

"Hmmm", I said. "d'ya happen to know where Gideon and de rest of de
crew might be. I have a note from your Mommy and it is so important dat
I find him."

"Oh" replied Clyde. "They went over to the Otter Mudslide to romp and
play." So off we went down de road to see if we could find them. Frosty
spotted them sliding down an he ran over to them and said, "Hey, is
Gideon here?" All of a sudden, muddy ferrets were popping up all over
the place. "I think he went over to the Lily Pond to rinse off," one
replied. Then I asked each of them their names to keep them straight in
my mind. There was Wrigley, Zoe, Pebbles, Sabrina, Precious, Precious,
Sam, Rosie, and of course Snoopy. I was getting worn out just keeping
track of the names. So all of us went over to the Lily Pond, me to find
Gideon, and the others to rinse off. When we got there, we found Gideon
who was basking in the warm sunlight sleeping away, unaware of all who
had been searching for him. He looked so handsome with his pink and
silver wings. But first all the muddy ferrets ran and rinsed off their
mud-soaked bodies. Then they hurriedly put on their wings.

We flew over to de Misting Pond and sat down beside de cool clear water
and with one swish Gideon saw the vision of his Mommy Ann and his dear
friend Rascal appear. He started waving and dooking with all of his
might.

"I love you so much Mommy. I miss you and Rascal. Thank you for loving
me. I am among friends now. We play with my little soccer ball all the
time."

Then he started throwing hugs and kisses and wrapped them with all of
his love and laid them on a nearby shooting star and by the time you
should read this it should have landed there. And with another swish
the vision was gone.

We left there and they went to their home for milk and freshly-baked
cookies. I was invited, but I was so tired. I headed for home to drop
into bed. But I thought in my heart how fortunate it is that every
fuzzy has a forever home at the Bridge.

So ended another day at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,

SaraFerret, bridgegreeter