From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 1995 19:00:44 EST
Hi California folks--sounds as if it's time to get Fund for Animals,
HSUS, Sierra Club, and groups like Contra Costa Humane on *our* side.
HSUS hosted a ferret information table at their national pet expo in
April.  I don't know about Sierra Club, but the other groups *like*
animals.  I think they are just misinformed and need to know that there
are lots of animal rights and non-animal rights people (for those who
don't like labels) who are very much in favor of legalization.  Let them
know how ferrets have been seized, killed, mistreated, etc. etc. etc.
specifically *because they are illegal*!  These people should be allies,
not opponents, and with a little diplomacy, I think they will be very
valuable friends.

Also, what about a national effort to contact the California Tourist
Board?  I think this had at least some effect on the wolf-slaughter
situation in Alaska.  And I believe California is very interested in
its tourists.  Maybe post address here, and ask all ferret groups to
ask their members to start contacting Calif.  Tourist Board?