From:
Ronnie DiComo and Possum Prints <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 18:00:49 EST
>> [in] Moncton [New Brunswick], there is a pet store there that carries
ferrets but they always "defang" them. This means that their canines were filed
down to the length of the front teeth. ...the store is the Moncton Pet World on
Mountain Rd. Perhaps a boycott is in order. <<

    I'm not familiar with Canada's anti-cruelty laws, but this should be
reported.  Do you have city or province cruelty enforcement agencies that you
can report this pet store to?  Please let us know what happens.

Re:  black-footed ferrets, Md. minks & ferrets, Calif. not being supported by
large animal groups, etc. etc.  I think one of the most discouraging things
about working on issues involving animals is that people who like animals don't
always work so well together.  Sometimes this work is so discouraging that
people end up criticizing each other or other animal groups instead of joining
together on the issue.  As far as I'm concerned, no animal (issue) is more
important than another; I think anyone who works on behalf of any animal is to
be commended.  Sometimes it's easier to criticize a person or organization, but
working together produces much greater results.