From:
sue azima <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 15:01:57 -0400
jennifer,
i dont' know about the male ferrets not jumping thing.  i have a male
albino who takes flying leaps onto me from his cage door!

the best litter i have found is yesterdays news, or some other kind of
recycled newspaper type stuff.  it's not dusty and a 30 lb bag only costs
me about $9.00.  try to avoid kitty litter, it's too dusty.  i've also used
corn cob litter in the past, which worked well.

if you see your ferret going potty somewehre other than the litter box, pick
him pu and immediatly put him in the box.  always start with a small area,
like his cage, to trian him and gradually make it larger.  if you see him
assume the position, put him in the box.  always give lot's of praise and a
treat when he goes in the box.  if he goes elsewhere, pick it up and put it
in the box, so he get's the idea.

if they dig at the floors a lot, you can spray some bitter apple or some
other type of repellent for animals on that area, it worked for my bunch.
my seven are absolutely amazing.  i can sit and watch them all day, even if
just playing in their cage.  we let them out for several hours each day, and
it's just amazing to watch all their little antics.  usually they dont' get
real cuddley until they get older, but i have two 3 mo old babies who come
over just to give me kisses, then go back to playing.

hope this helps you out
Jay, Sue, and their zoo :)