From:
Kelly Sullivan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jul 1998 11:54:28 EDT
>From:    Annie Styer <[log in to unmask]>
>Is there really anything wrong with feeding Totally Ferret, not mixed with
>anything else, just TF?

Ann, I too feed my fuzzies a mix including TF (Iams kitten, Marshall's Diet,
ProPlan & TF), I did notice a band of orange around the back of thier
shoulders, and come to think of it, I noticed it around the same time I
added TF to thier mix.  I don't think it is neccassary to mix a variety of
foods, but it is a good idea should one particular brand become unavailable.
I feed mine the mix because they had a hard time adjusting to the new
'better' ferret food, like TF.  I have two girls that are addicted to Iams,
one who will eat Marshalls in a pinch, a boy who 'loves' Pro Plan and my
younger boys who will eat anything.

I beleive shelters use a mix because people aren't really good at
remembering what they fed thier ferrets when they turn them in.  and chances
are they will pick something out of the mix to delight thier picky palette.

Kelly & the Savvy Seven + 2
Lucy & Chunk, Cotton, The Cordy Twins Cody & Corky, Pike & Shadow and my
fosters Jake & Barbie and my darling angel Heidi who waits for me at Rainbow
Bridge