From:
Bob Church <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Apr 1997 00:12:01 -0500
There comes a time in the life of every person when they have to admit
they've made a silly goof, and I did the other day in my post regarding
yogurt and chicken soup.  I said I thought there was a Yiddish word for it,
but of course, I was mistaken because dairy products and meat products are
not mixed.  The goof was a result of not proofreading the post prior to
sending it, like I normally do, so is an example of opening mouth and
inserting foot.

I must have had a brain-fart or something, because when I wrote "Yiddish," I
meant to write "Amish."  My friend's grandmother was raised, as a child, as
Amish, but married a Mennonite fella, and settled in California, where the
Mennonite population is quite sizable in the Central Valley, near
Merced/Modesto.  I am very aware of the Mosaic dietary laws, and the
differences between Mennonites and Jewish people, and apologize for my
error.

Gosh, I make enough mistakes without needing to make dumb ones.  I think I
will blame it on the FLO.  Yeah, that's the ticket.  The FLO changed the
words on me.  Not my fault, no sir....

Bob C and the 17 Mo' Goofmeisters