From:
Rebecca McFarlane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Nov 1998 14:56:56 -0500
Had to share a couple of stories.

Our newest two, Scully and Genie, must have been born with Energizer
batteries in them.  We've dubbed Genie (Houdini Genie) the "Flying Wombat".
She takes leaps from anywhere to land on whatever catches her fancy, and
this can include sinks, dressers, pant legs, or backs.  Scully prefers to
climb your leg or just cart things around.  This all takes place between
the three girls (Kit, Genie, Scully) chasing each other, poor Socks, the
cats, or us!

One evening I heard something, and found that Genie had figured out how to
get from the tub to the toilet seat (it is ALWAYS closed on pain of death
to the person who would leave it up) to the bathroom sink.  This prompted
an emergency removal of everything!  So, here's the cinnamon Wombat trying
to remove the sink stopper!  I closed the sink, and of course, that was an
even bigger frustration for her.  I started to gently run water into the
basin, and it then became a total comedy.  Here's Genie, hanging by her
back feet on the towel and sink top, her head and front half in the water.
She's bouncing her head under water and her tail is beating a tattoo on the
sink top!  The other three are looking at me like I've lost my mind because
I'm leaning against the door just cracking up.

This past Saturday I decided it was time to wrap Christmas presents.  The
fuzz kids watched from their cage (I was wise, I wasn't turning them out to
help me).  Well, I got the SO's and the kid's presents wrapped, then opened
the door while doing the rest of them.  In waltzes my husband, and he
proceeds to bend down and let the troops loose!  (Found out later he was
hoping they'd find his gifts and open them up for him).  Socks got his
raisins and the rest proceeded to terrorize the cats.  Suddenly, I got "the
visitation".  Kit grabbed the tape and took off, and I had paper bouncing
up and down from Genie & Scully.  Paper rolls became possessed, tags and
pens were moving.  Socks was still begging raisins.  Our daughter came into
the room then, and it was like 5 little kids then.

Believe it or not, though, all was done without harm to the fuzzies, other
than Kit just couldn't understand why she wasn't allowed off the bed with
the unopened tape roll.  Gave her the white roll when it was empty, and she
carted it off to their "stash".  Socks, by the way, knows exactly where the
raisins are.

Rebecca, Larry(I tried), and Sara(Mom, open the door)
Socks (I don't care what anybody else is doing, just gimme the raisins)
Kit (I'm beautiful, I'm lovely, HEY, give me back that tape roll)
Genie (Let's see, the wind is at 1 knot, the distance is 2 feet, I think I
can make it......)
Scully (Your sweatpants are great for climbing, and by the way, watch me
lad on that paper there on the bed)
Chewie, Dribble, & Sarabi (You know, don't you, we cats are the ones who
are supposed to play in the paper.....)

Rebecca McFarlane
Secretary
Basic Medical Sciences