Date:
Mon, 22 May 2006 07:18:55 -0700
Can anyone tell me what, besides a heart attack, would cause a ferret to
be fine one minute and die less than an hour later?  My friend lost two,
one day apart like this last week.  We are waiting for necropsy results
on the second one.  I've never seen anything like it.  The doc said, that
it looked like mass hemorraghing that you see with herpes in a cat, but
had no more info until the results were in.  It would seem to me that
any of the general big nasty known ferret viruses would have some sort
of symptom.  At this point we are just guessing, but thinking spider or
insect bite although they have never seen them in their house.  No
cleaners around, nothing new being used on the carpet, laundry etc.
We've beat our heads trying to figure this out.

Anyone?

Thanks,
Kimberly Fox
Director/Rescue Mom