Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 16:10:26 EST
Okay all you ferret lovers.  You know how you have to think like a ferret
in order to stop some of their behavior?  Well, here's a doozy of a
problem that I need help with before there is an accident.

We have a built in dishwasher.  All of a sudden one of our newer ferrets
has decided he needs to get underneath it...and is inviting friends.
Today we couldn't run the dishwasher until he woke from his nap!  There's
not even anything under there but the cold floor to lay on!!

My husband has put a wedge of wood up and that worked for a while, but
now he's found a way to get in that we can't find a way of fixing it.
It's the part where when you open the door to the dishwasher, there's a
hole for the "arm" to goes underneath.  If we "clog" up the hole, we
can't open the dishwasher door.  I've tried putting a towel there, but he
pushes it away.  My husband today is trying to wedge another piece of
wood the whole length of the dishwasher underneath it so that I can't
open the door and the ferrets can't move it.  It almost seems to me that
it needs to be something flexible, like some sort of tape or something.
Something that they can't get through but that the door can move.

Anyone????  Surely someone has fixed this problem.

Thanks,

Connie Yeager

I know this is a very dangerous thing for him to do.  Know there could be
a danger of his getting shocked or worse.  We've been trying to think
like a ferret and haven't come up with anything.  Can someone help?