Date:
Sun, 29 Jul 2007 02:34:01 EDT
>So I've  heard a lot of positive things and negative things about
>vaccinating  ferrets. What are your opinions? And can anyone in the
>Las Vegas/Green  Valley/Henderson area recommend any ferret vets?
>
>Quick other thing... my male neutered ferret turned a year old on June
>6th. In the past month or so, his fur has turned more of a chocolate
>then the tan it was. Is this common? Or do I have the weird ferret?
>(Not knockin on my ferret, but none of my pets have ever gone by...

Ok this is just MHO OK? I vaccinate against distemper when they are
young like the book calls for BUT once they have all of their "kit"
shots then I vaccinate at 18 month intervals. I personally believe we
tend to over vaccinate but again that is just MY opinion OK? I have not
had any problems with the vaccines or with the animals getting any of
the diseases they are vaccinated against. All of my frets seem to be
very healthy and happy and that is what is most important to me. As to
the vets down south I just do not know as I live up North in Good Ol'
Reno, which I am starting to loath as well..LOL. I have been up to
Portland and I likee a lot. SLMAO. Best to all and happy dooks to
them fuzzies....

Fred Hurd
Reno Ferret Rescue