From:
CAROL3247 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:06:28 EST
Hi, I need help, my 4 year old ferret has been drinking and urinating
excessively, so I checked him with the keto-diastix (home sugar test) and he
has high sugar, no ketones.  Does anyone know or have experience with
diabetes in ferrets?  I have a vet appointment this morning (Monday).  This
is very rare in ferrets and yet I had another ferret die from it 2 years
ago.  Does anyone know if any other disease can cause the same symptoms as
diabetes?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Carolyn Kingeter