From:
Deborah Micklea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 1995 15:04:17 -0400
Surprise, surprise!  We knew our little guy was getting big, and we chuckled
about how fast he'd grow if he hadn't been neutered (ha ha), and guess what?
 A visit to the vet confirmed that our pet shop baby had not been neutered or
descented, as his Michigan pet Shop health certificate had said!

Upon contacting the broker that the pet shop received the ferret from, he
has agreed to pay to have him neutered.  BUT we have to go back to his
veterinarian.  That is the same veterinarian who said he'd done the
procedures the first time, and obviously hadn't.  Can I trust him?  Can I
find out about his medical record?

Also, the broker would like the procedure done in the next month.  I keep
hearing that it's best to wait until he's 6 months old.  The breeder told me
that that wasn't true, and as long as he's six weeks old it's okay.  Is he
just trying to get out of the surgery cheaper?  Right now the ferret's almost
ten weeks.

We also spent *very* good money on a ferret we thought had been descented.
While I don't want the surgery done now (health reasons) should I even
bother to bring up this fact to the pet shop/broker?

I really need advice.
Thanks!
Debora