Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 21:11:00 -0400
Hi all!

Just a quick diddy about Fireplace dangers too! I have a 3 sided
fireplace (yes, it IS blonde proof - but not ferret proof). All of my
kids know about the fireplace. They realize it is a HOT place to go -
and it is generally not a great idea to go there EVER. For the most
part, they are smart about it. Of course, there is ALWAYS one exception
to the rule, and generally that exception is Artemus (my beautiful
smashingly retarded albino boy). He is the exception to EVERY rule
in this house, lol. I never really worried about the kids and the
fireplace until the other day when we had lit the fire, and turned to
grab some wood to toss in on top of the already lit fire. Artemus, saw
that the "chain fence" was open, and decided he would go investigate
what all the "pretty colors" were. He climbed to the top of the sofa -
and literally made a 'HUGE LEAP' towards the open grate. After a
nanosecond of "pooing" in my pants, I actually turned just in time to
"snatch" his furry little butt right out of the air. Had I not been
right there, at that second, we would have had a french fried Arte. God
works in mysterious ways - and thankfully he placed me right where I
needed to be - so that Artemus is still with us today. We no longer
EVER light the fireplace, add wood, whatever - whenever Arte is out and
about. You know - you would THINK that if it is "hot" - it SHOULD be
an indicator that he should NOT dive for it. But again, we're talking
about Artemus here. Need I say more? Other than: Thank you God, for
letting me catch him, before he got seriously hurt. My husband has also
installed a "outter" cast iron grate to put in front of the fireplace,
that he couldn't not dive, sneak, slink, or smoosh himself under. We'll
see if he tries to get past that one.......

Kim and Her Army of Idiots...+ a almost seriously toasted Artemus!!

Lord, help me to be grateful for what I have, and not greedy for what I
want.....