From:
Lil Knights <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 4 Apr 1994 00:55:43 -0400
I have a question for you all out there.  I am an owner of 5 boy ferrets
and have just recently purchased a female.  She seems to be about 3 months
ahead of the schedule the boys were on as far as doing things is concerned.
She climbed stairs sooner, was able to climb the bed sooner and is eating
the ferret food without trouble sooner.  With the boys we had to soften
the food for a while or they hardly ate at all.  Is this normal for the
females to be smarter and advance soon than the males????????
She has even climbed straight up on a cage (about 5 feet tall) to the top
and walked around on it.  Scared me to death.  I was afraid she would do
that and then try to get down and hurt herself.

Nuget