From:
Rebecca Stout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 17:06:33 EST
Hi everyone ... it is I the robed one..  with my hood off.  No smoke, no
mirrors ... just me here to announce the one of the proudest moments in
my life.  :0)

The new Modern Ferret issue (#29) is out.  On the cover is my son Sean and
his ferret Rocky.  In the issue their story of how they found and helped
one another is featured.  It has lots of positive spins.  Autism has risen
to 1 in 500 children (this only counts severe cases, not cases like my
sons)...and that is a conservative estimate.  This issue addresses that.
It addresses pet therapy.  The article presents a look at why ferrets may
be the best animal choice for children with sensory issues.

Most of all it is a story of a young man overcoming special needs, and with
the help of his ferret.  A ferret he got at a shelter with special needs
himself.  They found each other and are succeeding with each other.  It's a
wondrous phenomenon.

Also in the issue is Dr Williams, and a really informative story told in
diary form of a ferret getting a blockage (real eye opener), and neat
ferret pictures, and so many things.

If you do not get Modern Ferret, please look at the sight, and think about
subscribing.  If you cannot ... think about just ordering this one issue!
Number 29!  Gosh if you want Sean or I can sign it.  Lol.
http://www.modernferret.com/gallery/index.html
Modern Ferret Magazine - gallery of issues

If you cannot do either of those.  I ask that you spread the news to others
as they might want to subscribe or at least get this one issue.

I cannot thank Mary and Eric enough for all they have done for me, my son,
and Rocky.  No words can express the gratitude I feel right now.

Wolfy

Please visit:
http://www.geocities.com/wolfysluv/
for information on ferret deafness: