From:
Pam Grant and STAR* Ferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 1995 17:57:23 -0500
To:    Gale Putt <[log in to unmask]>

Gale - Hi - It's Pam in Virginia!  We're recueing a mink tonight from
Percerville (vet out there says it is a mink - we think it is a ferret, we'll
know soon enough...)

Ferrets RARELY get internal parasites, so we do not worm them.  the best
exception is in mosquito territories where ferrets CAN get heartworms.  I
know Florida shelters/breeders worm regularly.  That is why I require indoor
housing for my adoptees.

Since ferrets do not survive in the "wild", usually the ones found wandering
have only been out for a day or two.  I hold all stray ferrets for two weeks
for observations and in case someone comes looking for it.

Pam Grant
STAR*