From:
Sharon Pease <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:48:37 EST
Someone posted the address of a really nice ferret screensaver recently.
I went to the site and it's the best one I've seen so far.  It's free to
download but you'll need an unzip program.  Here's the address;
http://www.mulefire.dircon.co.uk/

I have a copy of a very good article written by Dr. Susan Brown, DVM, on
Eociniphilic Gastro Enteritis.  If anyone would like a copy, feel free to
email me.  One of my ferrets, Mr. Grinch, was diagnosed as having it nearly
two years ago.

Nearly everyone I knew who was ferret knowledgeable, except my vet, told
me he had ECE.  If I had assumed it was ECE and had treated it as such, I
believe he wouldn't have made it.  This is why I'm always "preaching to the
choir" about green poops and all that's green isn't always ECE.

The biggest problem is the nickname the illness acquired "The Greenies".
Nearly any gastro-intestinal irritation or illness can cause green poops.
In my opinion; If your vet says it's probably "Green Slime Disease" just
because you've said your ferret has green poops; find another vet.

SP