From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 14:47:08 -0600
Dear Fellow Ferret Folks,
This is from Susie Lee who had to close the doors of The Ferret & Dove
Sanctuary after the death of my husband and partner Wes Hurley on
October 10th, 2010. Just days ago I've heard from Author Piers Anthony
that the Sanctuary has been mentioned in the Author's Note (yes! On
page 302!)and I sent a note of thanks with a printed out version of
my own of "Secret, The Santa Ferret" and then, after fielding several
calls per evening and very cheerfully recommending other ferret
shelters, sent another appreciative note to the author, wherein I
would like to share his reply, as follows! :)
(Susie Lee)

[Permission received to repost Piers Anothony's note. BIG]

Thank you for your note. We have printed it for Piers Anthony and he
gave us the following answer for you:

I'm glad it's working out. I'll run the new information in my Dismember
2010 column, and try to get it into the paperback edition of Knot
Gneiss. I received your snail letter with the pictures and the story of
Santa Ferret, which does explain how Santa gets into chimneyless houses
and apartments. I'm also glad that my mention of the ferrets is helping
to get a few more placed, despite the shutdown of the Sanctuary. There
should be more queries when the paperback edition appears next year.

Piers Anthony

www.HiPiers.com