Date:
Wed, 1 Dec 2010 09:06:18 -0500
Three ferrets are curled up together next to me on the floor in a small
dogbed. One somehow found her way onto the bookcase ledge and is busy
pushing everything she can off the ledge. Devil biter.

OOps...A small wood box just hit one of the rugs I put down on floor
for them. Now Mouse looks right at me...peering around a colorful metal
canaster filled with pencils and pens. My laughter motivates the herd
in the dog bed to come out and nip at my feet for attention.

Quickly, they are back in the dog bed, snuggling up again. Living C
shapes.

Mouse has decided to leave the canister half off the ledge and climbed
down. Mommies laughter may have disrupted her adventure.

She comes down on top of piles of small rugs and baby blankets to touch
my foot with her nose. Just as quickly, she trots off to a corner,
messy with the different colors and layers of softness to bathe on top
of a crinkle sack washed so many times that there is no crinkle left.

She is daintily balancing herself on her back. My fur-ocious busy body.
I hear her chirping softly..

The dog bed lays empty. Two bodies have casually wandered off,
following the Unsuspecting cat.

Another has hopped into the empty drawer beside me, hiding under an old
white baby blanket. It was Mini-Me's favorite.

I look out the window. Excitement races through me. Through the fine
mist a sprinkle of snow-rain falls. So delicate and tiny. Such fleeting
life.

Like the beauty that surrounds me.
The first snow.