From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:07:06 -0800
Hi everyone, haven't posted in a while but I was just wondering about
something:

Yesterday I was holding Illura on my shoulder when someone started a
vacuum cleaner in the next room.  She was NOT happy about it; she climbed
frantically all over me before running and hiding under the counter.  When
I picked her back up I noticed that she had suddenly started shedding.  I
don't mean just a few hairs, either-- it was like the kind of shedding she
does in the springtime.  I ran my hand gently down her back and ended up
with a handful of fur.  After she calmed down I gave her a good brushing,
and she hasn't been shedding since then.  Is it possible that the vacuum
literally scared the hair off her?  She's been fine since then, and the
shedding episode hasn't affected her winter fluffiness, but I'm wondering
if anyone else has experienced anything like this.  I'm waaay behind on
the FML, so if you could email me personally that would be great.  Thanks!

Rachel and the wild and woolly weaselinas

=====
"Hey mister diplomat with your worldly aspirations,
Did you see your children cry when you left them at the station?"
                             -- Bad Religion