From:
Lori Crosland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 18:08:41 EDT
Been reading about the Weezl Watcher Gates and felt like adding my 2 cents
worth.  The regular size gate is fine.  I was very excited when I received
mine (although I thought it was expensive, but for a shelter I would pay
it).  Anyway, My High Jumper (Pocus) scaled the wall with ease within the
first week.  I then went to my local hardware store and bought a 3' tall
piece of acrylic that was a fraction of the price of the Weezle Watcher
gate and works GREAT!  Pocus cannot scale it, and I find it easy to open
and shut in the doorway without climbing it.  I e-mailed the nice people
at Weezl Watcher and they responded by telling me they have a taller mode.
I did not realize that or I would have purchased the larger gate.  I have
now decided, however, I save a lot of money with the acrylic.  They did
warn me though that acrylic and plexiglass can break, where there's can't.
Just a thought to share.