Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 08:51:43 -0800
Jane Langdon wrote:

>I think my quote has been taken a bit out of context, I was talking about
>the morality of shipping to the UK (and other countries).

Your message didn't appear as such, you were very emphatic that shipping
a ferret in the U.S. is something you would not agree with.  No 'out of
context' clipping here.  See Quote:

>I would not agree with shipping a ferret across a US state much less
>world-wide!!!  According to their website, I could go on-line now and
>get a ferret shipped to me here in the UK.

All of the ferrets I shipped, flew into me from New Zealand, a 12 hour
flight.  (Or more, by the time they got to me.)  Outside of being extremely
hyper after being in the shipping crate all that time, they did not suffer
physically a bit!  I did not, and do not, consider that shipping wrong.  I
don't think any of the people who ultimately received one (or more) of the
NZ ferrets from me (Well...actually, the breeder in New Zealand) would
disagree with me either!

I will restate.  The real issue at hand, is whether or not someone should
be able to ship ferrets anywhere from an online store, with no personal
contact with the purchaser.  The actual shipping is a non-issue, IMHO.

For our ferrets

MC, The Rude One
(With Snorkle, Tuzigoot, Bancho, and Artemus.  In spirit, Bubba,
Billy-Bob, and Garret)