From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 22:33:45 -0400
Hi--

Someone found my closed shelter via the internet and wanted to drop a
ferret off.  Normally I would just take the ferret and send it to someone
else.

This is a guestimated 4 yr old ferret, very thin, neglected but not abused.
He appears to be grinding his teeth.  I put some Pepcid AC in him, a dose
of Tylan, fed him a bit of duck soup and left him in my playpen with his
old food, my ferret food and a small bowl of duck soup and a large bowl
of water.

IF he's not eating on his own tomorrow, I plan to start force feeding him
duck soup.

What else would you recommend I do, besides a vet visit.  I'm worried about
shelter shock, since he lost two homes in a row in a month.

He is a beautiful, sweet little black nosed silver ferret, who according to
the story has not been let out to play enough, probably not current on his
shots and has been eating cheap kitten chow all his life, or at least his
last 2 homes.

I know I shouldn't be taking this guy in with all my own problems and
giving up all my own adoptables.  I'm a sucker for a fuzzy face.and this
guy probably isn't adoptable, at least not in his present condition.

KG